So last week we had our 31 week appointment, which also included an ultrasound to check on the little guy. He looks good, despite still measuring about 2 weeks ahead. My doctor thinks it's partly the way that I'm carrying him and partly because he also has a big head. I forget the actual percentile that was mentioned but he's ranging over the 50th. It was estimated that he was about 4 pounds last week. They are going to check in another month and give me a better estimate of what they believe his birth weight will be. Right now they are thinking definitely over 7 pounds but not exactly sure how much over. It's still early to tell.
But the good news is that he is already head down. I don't have (right now at least) worry about him being as stubborn as me (was breach for a majority of my mom's pregnancy).
Since we got an ultrasound, I got a few new pictures.
Profile view!
Creepy face view
I'm definitely feeling him move more often. And he's gotten so much stronger. I was wincing in the car on my way home tonight with some of the jabs I was receiving. I can also now watch my stomach move with his movements.
It's kinda hard to believe that I have less than 8 weeks till my due date. A year ago, we were still trying to figure out exactly what was wrong and why we couldn't get pregnant on our own. I'll try to do better about updating after my appointments. My next one is next week (I've started the every 2 weeks routine and am not that far away from the every week appointments...).


No comments:
Post a Comment