Saturday, November 3, 2012

First NP appointment

It went well yesterday. It was a lot of talking, finish filling out paperwork, including registration for delivering at Beth Israel. They also took a ton of blood (6 tubes). She went over a bunch of stuff and various testing we may or may not want to do - down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, genetic testing on Mike (due to his Jewish heritage). Also went over family history and all that jazz.

I have been told no exercise until I hit the 2nd trimester since I did have a little bit of bleeding 2 weeks or so ago. They are airing on the side of caution with me. Once I do hit the 2nd trimester, they recommend walking or cycling. I guess it's a good thing that we have the stationary bike.

I am staying on the extra progesterone until the 15th as my levels are a little under where they want them to be. That'll take me up to 10 weeks, in which the placenta will be fully formed and will be generating the appropriate levels of progesterone.

After my appointment, Mike and I decided to go out for Indian as I had a Groupon. It was tasty. Of course when we finally got home, I was completely wiped and fell asleep on the couch around 8:30/9pm, Mike woke me up around 11 to have me go upstairs (and take out my contacts) and I finally rolled out of bed this morning around 10:30. I think I was just a bit tired. I'm going to be so happy once I'm out of the first trimester and I get my energy levels back.

Next doctor appointment on the 21st in which I'll get to meet my OB. They'll be able to use the doppler to hear the heartbeat from this appointment on wards! I think my next ultrasound will be somewhere around 16-20 weeks (additional downs scan/testing as well as finding out the gender!).

No comments:

Post a Comment