Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I've graduated!

I had my 2nd ultrasound and doctor's appointment with my RE today. Things are looking good. Froglett is measuring right on track (7w6d). We got to "hear" the heartbeat today and it's measuring at 153bpm! I find out tomorrow if I need to continue taking the extra progesterone. If I do need to continue, it'll only be for another 2 weeks.

Here are a few of the scans from today. We got a ton more than last time (I chose a selection so not to bore you) and all but one were 3D.


The big circle is the yolk sack which is currently measuring at 3.1 (anything under 5 is good). It'll disappear around 12 weeks.

Here are the two 3D scans which makes Froglett look like a gummy bear. You can see the little buds forming for his/her arms and legs!



It's scary to think that I'm growing a little person! I'm still super excited and every good appointment adds to my excitement level.

One other piece of good news is that I graduated from my RE. He released me into the care of an OB. I did some research after my last appointment and chose one of the OB's in the Burlington office. She has admitting privileges at Beth Israel. So we'll be going into Boston to deliver but I prefer that, especially after growing up near UMass Medical and after everything I've gone through to get where I am, I want to be close to the best medical care.

Next appointment is this Friday with my OB's NP. And because my OB is super popular, they had to squeeze me in for my initial appointment with her which is right before Thanksgiving. Don't know when my next ultrasound will be. Might be around my OB appointment since I'll be 11 weeks at that point.

Everything is looking good and I really hope that it continues that way. I'm still not out of the woods yet in terms of miscarriage risk but the fact that Froglett looks good and a steady heartbeat was found reduces the likelihood.

No comments:

Post a Comment