Thursday, October 18, 2012

First U/S and appointment!

I had my first ultrasound today at 6 weeks! I am so used to the transvaginal ultrasound probes. I've definitely loss track of how many I've had. It was nice seeing my little one instead of looking just at my ovaries and measuring follicle lengths. Also there was less pushing my ovaries and uterus around for the radiologist to get better views of my reproductive organs.

Things are looking good for the most part. My lining looks good. They saw the yolk sack, anything under 5 is good, the smaller the better and our number is 1.4. Our little one (Froglett) is measuring at 14.2 (I missed the measurement). I took home two ultrasound pictures.

Here's the non-zoomed out one:

And here's the zoomed in one:

As you can see the black area that looks like a banana is the sack and the little white blob at the top of the "banana" is Froglett.

I had some spotting on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. My RE does not want to take any chances and has put me on progesterone suppositories. I take the first one tomorrow. I do have an increased risk of miscarriage so he doesn't want to take any chances.

My next ultrasound is in less than 2 weeks on the 30th. We will be able to hear the heartbeat at my next ultrasound and be able to see more of a close up of Froglett. Which I'm excited about. According to my doctor, my estimated due date is June 12th. So I was close with what I thought it was. We have at least one more appointment with my RE before I get released to an OB/GYN.

My pregnancy symptoms have increased. Gotta love the sleeplessness despite being exhausted. Starting to get morning (various times of the day is a more accurate name) sickness but still haven't thrown up yet, which I'm happy about. The bloating is not fun, neither is the increased need to pee. It does mean that my body is doing what it is supposed to, which is a good thing after all the difficulties we went through to get where we are.

So history on the name "Froglett" for our little one. When I was an infant, when I slept, I looked like a frog, so my childhood nickname (despite Karen's screenname being KFrog...) was Froggie. I figured that Froglett is appropriate and Mike's going along with me.

Being pregnant is definitely more real now and less of an abstract. I hope Froglett continues to grow and stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment