I also got my return to work letter which has been sent to HR. So I'm all set to return. It's bittersweet. On one hand, I'm looking forward to more adult interaction. On the other hand, it has been nice having a break from work and spending every day with Drew. It'll be good for him to be at daycare and I know he will be in good hands.
We've had to pack up almost all of the newborn clothes now and have him primarily in 0-3 month sizes. He's also figuring out how to play with toys and is smiling a lot more. Every day he is a bit more alert. He's also figured out how to wiggle himself off his activity mat in a short time span. And he desperately wants to get up and go. I have taken a few videos of him, so of which have been posted to youtube. Let me know if you want the link.
Pumping and bottle feeding has been going well. I definitely have an oversupply. Drew's eating about 22-25 ounces per day and I'm producing anywhere from 45-48 ounces per day. The freezer is getting quite full. I'm debating purchasing a mini freezer from Amazon. Mike and I still need to discuss that. Ideally, I would want a full freezer, however, we don't have space for it and it would not fit in the basement as we couldn't get it down there. Here's what the freezer looks like as of 10 minutes ago:
The storage bins that I got work very well. I need to decide if I want to purchase a few more. Although that would take up basically all the room on the top shelf.
Here's a few pictures of Drew from the past few days:
Shows that he has liked having his hand by his face since at least my 19 week anatomy scan.
On his activity mat before I started shooting video.

hey!! reading some of your older blog posts - jealous of your milk production (although mine isn't too shabby, making a tad more than he's eating each day still thankfully!)
ReplyDeletewhere'd you get the storage bins for the Lansinoh bags?? I have the bags lined up in our freezer drawer right now lol...
(you can email me - katesolan (at) gmail (dot) com)