Saturday, February 16, 2013

Daycare has been figured out!

Mike and I went and toured our first (and only place I looked into online) daycare facility yesterday morning. We really like the facility and it helps that it is really close to our house. And I know a couple families that send/sent their kids there. I mailed in our registration form this morning, and we should get one of the few spots remaining for the fall. There is a very good chance that friends of ours will have their newest addition to their family with ours.

I've also started feeling him kick a lot more. It has been mostly on my sides or the lower part of my stomach. The problem with the placenta being in the way is it mutes many of the kick feelings. Orange Juice gets him moving a lot more. Mike was finally able to feel him this morning. I was feeling him kick in a few spots so I grabbed Mike's hand and put it on my side. Mike had a surprised look and asked me what was that. He then got to feel him kick a few more times. Mike told me that feeling him makes it feel a bit more real.

He's definitely starting to get stronger with his kicks (course I can't tell what is a foot and what is a hand). I did have to yell at him to stop kicking my bladder this morning. A few of those jabs hurt. I haven't really been able to figure out his waking/sleeping schedule. Hopefully as he gets bigger and stronger I'll be able to tell.

Well, not much else to report. My next appointment is in about a week and a half. It's amazing how quickly the time is passing. June will be here before I know it!

3 comments:

  1. That's great news! We find out the gender in three weeks. Glad that you liked the daycare, we have been happy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It helps that we know you guys are happy with it as well as a former co-worker.

      That's excited! We did see Felicia Friday morning. She was looking cute. Is she getting excited about her new baby brother or sister?

      Delete
    2. She doesn't really get it yet. But who knows, the breakthrough could happen any day really...

      Delete